Sunday, October 1, 2023

Solstice in the Smokies

Cosby Trailhead (GSMNP)
12/19 - 12/21/22 (2 nights)
2022 Bag Nights: 27
All cell phone photos


Gabes Mountain Trail to Hen Wallow Falls and then Site 34

A couple groups of dayhikes near the falls, but not many people for such a nice day. 



Site 34 is a nice place for the night, the sites are spread out down the creek, probably very popular if it is not winter. 

Day 2: Maddron Bald Trail to Site 29





I had been planning on staying at the Cosby Knob Shelter on the AT. I could have made it, but not sure I would have been functioning the next day. So, I called an audible and stopped short. Site 29 was also nice but much more open, it would feel crowded to share with another group.




Woke to a beautiful day, but weather is rolling in. My legs don't want to do the climb up to the ridge, so I decided to head to the car a day early. So up to Snake Den Ridge Trail and then down to the car. 



Old cemetery near Cosby


No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.