Sunday, October 1, 2023

New Year's Laurel River Lake

 1/1 - 1/2/23

Laurel River Lake

Nice weather, my wife suggested that I spend the night in the woods. I planned on going one place and when I got to the trailhead there were about 10 cars. I wasn't interested in camping near a bunch of people and I figured that at least some of those people were going to be where I was planning on staying. So, I decided to head to Laurel River Lake. I knew I'd be able to see the sunset/sunrise and the lake is always pretty.

all cell phone pics



I walked along the lakeshore for a bit and found a place to setup camp.


Looks like there is some potential for a nice sunset

It started out nicely ...

... and kept going








Then the stars started to come out

Orion coming up in the east

Venus?


Cloudy morning, no sunrise





A short trip, but a nice way to start the new year

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.