Friday, September 7, 2018

Car camping in NC

7/8 - 7/13/18 (5 nights)
2018 bag nights: 18
Van Hook Glade Campground near Highlands NC

We met friends for our annual family camping trip at one of our favorite campgrounds in NC. We spent a lot of time splashing in the creek.


We hiked up to Ranger Falls


Ranger Falls, the kids really liked climbing on the rocks



One day we drove over to Panthertown Valley for a day hike. We started at Salt Rock Gap and did a short loop to Wilderness Falls and Frolictown Falls. This area had been on my list for a couple of years, so I was glad to check out a small part of it.


Frolictown Falls

Some people refer to the area as the "Yosemite of the East" because of the granite domes. I'm not sure I would go that far, but the area is very pretty.


A great way to catch up with old friends and to just relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.