Monday, March 5, 2018

Rough Trail

Dayhike in Red River Gorge
2/27/18
Trailhead: Rough Trail off KY 715

Once again we had beautiful weather forecast for the middle of the week, so once again I took advantage of work flexibility and headed to the Gorge. I decided to revisit part of the Rough Trail that I had not hiked in a couple years.

Nice pour-off waterfall just off the trail.


I wandered down Parched Corn Creek, but it was too cold for me to think about wading. I'll save that for summer. I then continued on toward Chimney Top Road.


I got up the road to Chimney Top and realized that I could continue down the trail to the Sheltowee Trace, but I would not have time to go much farther. So, I decided that I would hit a couple of the short trails on 715 to fill the time.

First stop Whistling Arch


Nice View from the overlook just past Whistling Arch

Then to Angel Windows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.