Thursday, February 22, 2018

Star Gap Arch

2/20/18
Martins Fork Trailhead to Star Gap Arch

The weather forecast said sunshine and highs in the mid-70s so time for a hike. I decided that Star Gap Arch was a good destination and if I had time, maybe Jailhouse Rock. Once again, I made the climb up from the trailhead and then out the ridge to Tunnel Ridge Road. I realized that I had never done this route in shorts before, my legs got a bit scraped up from the brambles.

View from above the Martins Fork Trailhead

A short walk along Tunnel Ridge Road

Star Gap Arch



I had a little more time, so I wandered further out the ridge and ended up looking down at the Nada Tunnel Road

My legs got a little beat up on the hike from Martins Fork, so I decided to hike the road back to Grays Arch trailhead and then down the D Boone Trail. Along the way, I ran into a couple young ladies walking their dogs and the some guys with the Forest Service marking the road for the regrading. The man in charge said the road is going to be shut for a little more time, so hopefully I can get at least one more hike in solitude before it opens up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.