Friday, January 5, 2018

Frozen

A couple dayhikes at Raven Run in Lexington and the Red River Gorge
January 2 & 3 2018

The temperature has not been above freezing in more than a week which means it is time to find frozen waterfalls.

I visited Raven Run on a very sunny afternoon, no clouds and lots of ice and snow. It was pretty obvious that it was going to be a mostly black and white day for photos. 


 




I tried photographing some of the more interesting ice crystal patterns, but this was the only one worth saving.







The next day I dropped my kids off at school and headed for the Gorge to check out a popular summer waterfall.



This rock face always fascinates me, I love the geometric patterns in the rock.
 


 When I got back to my car for lunch, I had about 2 hours until I had to leave to pick up my kids, so I decided to check out Creation Falls and Rock Bridge.


Both days were awesome winter weather, sunny and dry with highs right about 20 degrees. As long as I kept moving, I was very comfortable. But, when I stopped to photograph, my hands ended up very cold. I think I need a better pair of gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.