Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Solstice Sunset

I dropped my oldest off at an overnight camp in Irvine and realized that the Gorge was not that far out of the way. I grabbed Subway for dinner and headed for the end of Tunnel Ridge Road to catch the sunset. I got to the trailhead about a half hour before sunset and hurried down the trail. I got set up with about 10 minutes to spare. The only real problem was the horseflies, there was a lot of swatting, but I only got bit a couple times.

It looked like the clouds were going to be "too thick" to make an interesting sunset, but I was wrong.

 



I'm always amazed at how a little post-processing can change a photo. These next three are the same photo, just processed a differently.

I think this is what a sunset on Jupiter would look like


The last two are panoramas, so scroll to the right to see the whole thing




No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.