Saturday, January 14, 2017

Creek hiking to a waterfall

Red River Gorge
1/12/16

Overcast day in the middle of the week, I only saw two cars parked at different trailheads and passed a group of guys that looked like they were going to ford Station Camp Creek and go hunting or camping. Basically, I had the gorge to myself for a couple of hours.

I checked out the view from Sky Bridge and followed a user path along the cliff face to an great view. It was very windy so I did not linger long.


Then off to find a creek and a waterfall.

Three views of a popular waterfall in the gorge.




Abstract rock art


This tree was covered in fungus from the ground up to about 30 feet, basically the whole tree. I can't decide which version I like best.



Same tree, different angle

 Fallen tree and fungus

1 comment:

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.