Thursday, June 2, 2016

Grays Arch Trailhead

Thursday 5/19/16

Parked at the Greys Arch Trailhead, there were only a couple of cars in the lot, much different than the weekend before. I headed off towards Greys Arch and took a couple of the side paths before stopping for a lunch with a view.



Then Greys Arch


Then a beer and a view on Hanson's Point.






Lots of wildflowers along the trails.

Still love the Mountain Laurel



Looks like a coreopsis of some sort

might be "annual fleabane" Erigeron annuus

Yellow Stargrass?



Blackberries







Tree root and sandstone



"spikenard" Aralia racemosa ?


coreopsis?

Blueberries?

Only saw two groups of people. The first group of 6 or so college looking kids made lots of noise before I was 10 minutes down the trail, I just stayed off the trail and they never saw me. The second group was 5 guys from Cleveland that were down backpacking for a couple of days. They had a little bit of info about the area from a friend and were trying to get to the river to swim/jump off of a rock they had heard about. I showed them where they were on my phone and described the trail up to the swinging bridge and jump rock, hopefully they had a good time.

All in all, a great 5 hours in the gorge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.