Thursday, June 16, 2016

Back to Bee Rock

6/10 - 6/12
2016 bag nights: 7

We talked about meeting friends (also have 3 kids) to go camping. Since I am the backpacker in the bunch, I got to pick where we would rendezvous. I decided that another visit to Bee Rock was in order after Kid #2 and I enjoyed it last summer.

We decided to spend 2 nights, unfortunately summer weather showed up and the temperatures were in the 90s all 3 days. Thankfully, it wasn't too humid, so the shade was ok, but in the sun, it was hot. I was glad I had two tarps for shade, I ended up hanging one above our tent to help keep it from heating up during the day.


Unfortunately, there was not much of a view from our sites, but there was a short path down to the river, the kids loved getting muddy/wet.




We hiked up to the top of Bee Rock again, even the littlest ones did great.


We all (the adults) enjoyed the views from the top

The oddest thing was there was a motorcycle rally on the Laurel County side of the campground (thankfully, we were on the Pulaski County side). If it had just been me there, I would have been really annoyed at 500 bikers, but the kids loved it. They even got to sit on a couple of the bikes.

I asked a couple people what was going on, it turns out it was the inauguration of "The Rattlesnake" part of the road near by was going to be given a name to encourage bikers to come ride similar to "The Dragon" in NC. The "opening ceremony" was at the Bee Rock boat ramp.





One last sunset


A great couple of days outside and a nice way to catch up with friends. I highly recommend Bee Rock for family camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.