Monday, March 2, 2015

A frozen day at Raven Run

I wanted to test out some new winter hiking boots and there was still 6-12 inches of snow in the backyard from a couple of weeks ago. I decided that with sunshine and temperatures in the mid-20s that it would be a good day for a hike at Raven Run.

I got out there around 10 and there was one runner just getting out of his car, no other cars in the parking lot. I caught up to the runner at the beginning of the trails where he was turning around to head back to his car. The crust on the snow made walking difficult, I could not imagine running on it. He had been planning on doing 20 miles (4 big loops) to train for a marathon. I think I passed him running on the road 3.5 hours later :)

Not many pics, but a good day.




1 comment:

  1. The photos are great that you have posted along with the dialog!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.