Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Snowy Day in the Gorge

 Chimney Top Road

12/26/20

The Gorge got a couple inches of snow on Christmas Eve and Day and I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather on the 26th. Chimney Top Road is closed for the winter and I decided that it would be nice to just walk the road vs. hike the trails and likely get covered with snow. 

Chimney Top Road




Chimney Top made a good lunch spot. Oddly, while I was eating a guy and his dog appeared. I figured that they had walked the road behind me since there isn't really another way to get there, but when I returned back down the road, there were only my earlier foot prints. I guess he must have scrambled up from below. 

Half Moon from Chimney Top

Red River and the road

Revenuer's Rock

Hansons Point

Princess Arch

Looks like an eye


1 comment:

  1. I liked the photo of the sun coming through the snowy trees and the "eye" photo the best plus the rest were best too.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.