Friday, February 5, 2021

KY River paddle

 November 8, 2020

It was a beautiful day and my son had been pestering me about kayaking. He really wanted to go camping/kayaking, but I thought the nights/mornings would be cold enough to not be fun for him. So, we went paddling for the afternoon.

I have paddled a little bit on the Kentucky River, but I had never launched at the small ramp near Clays Ferry and I-75. So off we went. We headed down river, but there is not much of a current, so direction doesn't really matter. After a little paddling, we were past the houses on the shore and it felt a little more remote. 







I-75 bridge, almost back to the ramp.



November 28, 2020
I was looking for a long hike to burn off Thanksgiving. My youngest wanted to do something with Dad. There was not way she would manage a good hike, so we went paddling instead. 

Not a lot of photos, it was a lot colder and my feet had got wet launching the kayak so, after a couple hours, my feet were feeling pretty frozen. I asked her to stop paddling since we kept getting out of synch and I wanted to get back to the ramp. As we got close, I wanted to take a photo of the bridge reflections. As I pulled out my camera, I noticed that she was looking a little crooked. I took the photo and said that we were getting close and she jumped. It turned out she had dozed off for a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.