Friday, October 2, 2020

Dayhike in the Gorge

 9/30/20

The weather was perfect but the sky was not very photogenic, just bright blue with no clouds, so I wasn't very inspired by the great views. 

I hiked out to the end of Jailhouse Rock and then back to the trailhead, didn't see anyone until close to the car. I still had time, so I hiked out towards Courthouse Rock and enjoyed the view, lots of people along this stretch of trail. 

This guy jumped off the trail right in front of me. I first thought it was a grasshopper, but leaned over as it crawled onto a bush. I have always like Praying Mantises, so I sat down and pulled out my camera. Thankfully he held still for a minute so I could get a couple up close photos.



There were Asters blooming all over the place. 


1 comment:

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.