Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Pickett State Park

11/21 - 11/24/18
Thanksgiving Weekend

We rented a cabin at Pickett State Park in TN for the Thanksgiving weekend. A couple hours drive and getting set up left a little bit of time for a short hike near the lake and then back for dinner.



Thanksgiving morning we woke up slow and then loaded up the car for a little bit of driving exploration and some hiking. I had never been on this side of Big South Fork so I was happy to drive and check out some of the stuff that appears on the map.

First stop was Buffalo Arch. A nice ~1 mile hike to the arch with very little change in elevation.

This cell phone photo gives an idea of the scale, this is a big arch.

And then a some driving to check out a couple small campgrounds in the area and then we went to find a waterfall I had seen online.

About a mile on the Sheltowee Trace got us to Mark Branch Falls
After that, it was time to head home for dinner.

The next day I got to do a longer hike on the Hidden Door Trail in the actual State Park. In an 8 mile loop, the trail has some great views from high up and passes a couple nice waterfalls.

Crystal Falls

Double Falls

Small falls/drops along Thompson Creek




Pickett State Park was a great place to spend a weekend and we will definitely be back.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I'd never heard of Pickett State Park despite living only 3 hours away from it. My wife and I hiked this trail yesterday and it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I helped you find something new.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.