Friday, November 2, 2018

Red River Gorge Fall

Dayhike in Red River Gorge
10/29/18
Grays Arch Trailhead

I returned to the gorge for another day hike hoping to see a little more fall color. The month of October has been really warm, so the leaves have not been turning.

The weather was perfect so I aimed for a part of the gorge with lots of overlooks. I started at the Grays Arch Trailhead and checked out the views along the way to the actual arch.



Looking across the valley to the other side of Nada Tunnel Road.

No photos of Grays Arch, but I always like the large rock with tree roots wrapped around it, lots of neat patterns in the sandstone.




Then on to the Veranda and then Hansons Point.





And then back to my car and home. A great way to spend the day. I'll hopefully get back once more time before the leaves are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.