Sunday, December 17, 2017

Thanksgiving at Deep Creek Lake

Thanksgiving weekend 2017
Deep Creek Lake (MD)

We met my wife's family in Maryland for Thanksgiving again.

Doug and I took the kids for a dayhike in Deep Creek Lake State Park on Thanksgiving day.

And then I hiked the Big Savage Mountain Trail by myself on Friday.

It starts out nice and smooth and then quickly turns into rocky switchbacks as it climbs 1500 feet in about 1.5 miles.

My goal for the day was the firetower to check out the view.


I only climbed up a little way, but the view was impressive.


One of my hopes for the weekend was a little bit of astro-photography, but the light pollution was terrible. I ended up bailing after a little bit and going back inside to enjoy the fire and company.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, I am unable to reply to comments. I do appreciate the few that I receive.